- The stainless-steel mass is less in relation to the heat sink (aluminium sleeve). A 25% reduction was achieved.
- The results can be predicted early in the main period due to the increased stability of the vessel temperature sensing and drift calculations.
- The close tolerance of the ATC (Automatic Temperature Control) jacket temperature.
- The jacket temperature is regulated to within 0.1°C to match the target setting, thus making the temperature losses (or gains) very precise.
- This aids the determination speed because the vessel temperature is predictable.
START A CALIBRATION
The calibration of the CAL3K is a process in which a substance (Benzoic Acid, BA) of known calorific value is burned so that future burning of unknown substances can be compared to it. In other words the calibration records all the system variables such as temperature rise and heat loss in memory. All this data is called a calibration field. The calibrations are stored in the vessel.Learn More
PERFORMING A CALIBRATION
To perform a standard calibration using Benzoic Acid Tablets you will need : A working oxygen bomb calorimeter system connected to a power source, A CAL3K Manual Oxygen Filing Station connected to an oxygen supply (not needed when using the CAL3K-AP Calorimeter)...Learn More
INTELCAL SYSTEM CALIBRATION
The CAL3K system uses two calibrations: Keyboard calibration, in real time, one sample, average with last ‘n’ calibrations, PC calibration, in retrospect, multiple samples. The PC calibration is called ‘IntelCal’ because of its complexity and system effectiveness.Learn More