2. LOAD THE DEFAULT CAL3K PARAMETERS
This may have been done in the factory before shipment, but do it again by:
3. CALIBRATION (there is a special section on this in the Installation Guide)
Do a ‘CALIBRATION’
Prepare the vessel with a Benzoic Acid tablet. Then place vessel inside well and close the lid.
Wait 6 minutes and the lid should open. This vessel is now calibrated and ready to use for an unknown sample.
4. If the calibration average is set to anything but 0 the machine asks for more calibrations. This you can ignore if you like to see the result of your first unknown sample.
5. Suggestion: Repeat the normal Calibration once or twice a day/week.
6. Explanation: The Calibrations are stored in the vessel for averaging and later use by a PC (IntelCal).
7. Have a coffee!
PERFORMING A CALIBRATION WITH BENZOIC ACID
The following exercise applies to the following CAL3K Calorimeters in the DDS Calorimeters range : CAL3K-AP (without manual oxygen filling station), CAL3K-A, CAL3K-U and CAL3K-F. For this exercise we used the CAL3K-A Oxygen Bomb Calorimeter System. To perform a standard calibration using Benzoic Acid Tablets you will need...Learn More
CARING FOR THE CAL3K BOMB VESSEL
The following care and storage instructions should be followed when using the CAL3K Bomb Vessel: Check the lid o-ring for any cracks every now and then. Also check if there are any chunks (deterioration) on the o-ring material. This could cause the bomb vessel to not seal effectively, Check the nipple o-ring on the calorimeter for any cracks or deterioration, Remove the deflector plate after every firing and wipe with a clean paper towel to remove any moisture. Any moisture left from the previous determination could affect the results. Check both sides of the deflector plate for moisture. Wipe the underside of the deflector for any residue.Learn More
Once a vessel is inserted the CAL3K checks if the vessel was calibrated in this chassis with the present operating mode. If the conditions (Chassis, Mode) match then it proceeds. If it doesn’t match then the ‘AUTO LINK’ system definition determines what happens: AUTO LINK ticked: It downloads the default IntelCal and links the vessel, AUTO LINK off: It complains! The vessel is REJECTED in this chassis!Learn More