All CAL3K units have the same connectivity as the other family members. The family members are :
A view of the rear panel confirms :
- A balance input port, settable baud rate from 1200 to 38400 baud
- A USB 2.0 port for short distance (laptop) connection to free CAL3K Software
- A RS232 port (D1) with variable baud rate for printer or long distance PC communication
- A RS232 port (D2) with a baud rate of 115.2Kb ideal for BLUETOOTH or PC communication
- A keyboard PS2 connection
This overwhelming area of ports is required to connect to the real world. The USB port has unrestricted access (with password!) to the CAL3K and it can restrict the other RS232 ports functionality.
The two RS232 ports are functionally the same. Both can be used with the PC software if your PC has a RS232 port. Most PCs don't have RS232 ports and for this reason both ports can connect to a BLUETOOTH bridge which requires a USB (virtual) port on the PC.
The connection to a PC is vital in "milking" results from the CAL3K. This can be done via :
- A) The supplied PC software into a spreadsheet (operator required)
- B) Directly via an open PC port and a Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) connection in an un-solicited fashion.
- C) Directly with no operator intervention to a PC via special CAL3K-LINK software
The RS232 port D1 can be switched to be a printer output port. The following outputs are available on the D1 port:
- LIMS (Result) data
- Real Time temperature data from 30 seconds before firing to end
- Statistical data summary
The CAL3K has four communication ports for connecting to the outside. The operations of the RS232 ports #1 and #2 can be restricted via the USB port. In addition the PORT D1 can be assigned to printing or LIMS output only.Learn More
CONNECT A PC TO THE CAL3K
The two RS232 ports are functional the same, just the name changes. This means you can connect a BLUETOOTH device to either RS232 port. Connecting a BLUETOOTH or other wireless device to the USB port is not recommended.Learn More
WIRELESS OR WIRELESS REPLACEMENT
This section refers to the WIRE REPLACEMENT of a RS232 connection. The wire replacement system can be used for: LIMS operation, Any operation possible with USB, such as Event Management, Result Retrieval or Other.Learn More